Cloud storages have been on the rise for fairly a while now. Google Drive and Dropbox are clearly main the race, with different cloud platforms not far behind. On this race, Microsoft has additionally pitted its personal OneDrive platform. Microsoft, in its try to advertise OneDrive, ships Home windows 10 with OneDrive preinstalled. That being mentioned, most customers together with me, desire different cloud options. The issue is that Microsoft restricts the person from uninstalling OneDrive from their methods. OneDrive in itself is a really reminiscence hogging software program which makes use of up a whole lot of system sources in addition to community knowledge and is totally pointless for any person who needs to not use it. When you’re additionally one such person questioning how one can disable or uninstall OneDrive from their system, learn on as we let you know how one can take away OneDrive from Home windows 10:
Take away OneDrive from Home windows 10 Utilizing Command Immediate
- Open up Command Immediate with Administrator Privileges. To take action, proper click on on the command immediate choice and click on “Run as administrator”.
- As soon as the Command Immediate window opens up, enter the next command to shut any operating cases of OneDrive.
taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe
- After that, sort within the following command and press Enter to carry out a silent uninstallation of OneDrive out of your system.
When you’re utilizing a 32-bit Home windows 10 system, then sort
or in case you’re utilizing a 64-bit Home windows 10 system, then sort
Do be aware that since it’s a silent uninstall, you received’t see a affirmation dialog or progress bar, however OneDrive will probably be uninstalled out of your Home windows 10 PC.
Uninstall OneDrive Formally in Home windows 10 Creators Version
Microsoft had realized its mistake of forcefully imposing OneDrive upon its customers. With the launch of Home windows 10 Creators Replace 1703 (Construct Quantity 14986), Microsoft OneDrive is out there as a standalone software, that may be simply uninstalled from the Management Panel itself. To take action, observe the steps under:
- Open Management Panel and choose “Applications” to open the checklist of put in packages in your system.
- Scroll down and choose “Microsoft OneDrive” from the checklist. Subsequent, click on on the “Uninstall” button within the ribbon bar to uninstall the software program out of your system.
Delete OneDrive Remnants in Home windows 10
Even after the OneDrive software has been uninstalled, its folder and registry entries would nonetheless stay in your PC. As such, you’ll be able to take away them by coming into the next instructions within the command immediate window.
- Open Command Immediate with Administrator Privileges.
- Kind within the following instructions to delete all OneDrive associated folders and their contents:
rd "%UserProfilepercentOneDrive" /Q /S rd "%LocalAppDatapercentMicrosoftOneDrive" /Q /S rd "%ProgramDatapercentMicrosoft OneDrive" /Q /S rd "C:OneDriveTemp" /Q /S
- Subsequent up, sort within the following instructions to take away OneDrive from File Explorer Folder Tree Registry Key:
REG Delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTCLSID" /f REG Delete "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTWow6432NodeCLSID" /f
Restore OneDrive To Your PC
In case you modify your thoughts and want to reinstall Microsoft OneDrive in your system, you are able to do that simply. To take action, observe the steps under:
- Enter the next path in your File Explorer:
- As soon as there, merely run the OneDriveSetup.exe program to simply set up Microsoft OneDrive onto your system.
Take away OneDrive Simply From Your Home windows 10 PC
Regardless that Microsoft OneDrive is an incredible cloud storage choice, you simply may desire one thing else. No matter your causes could also be, now you can simply uninstall OneDrive from Home windows 10 and in case you don’t need to fully uninstall it, you’ll be able to disable OneDrive in Home windows 10. So, what are you causes for eradicating OneDrive from Home windows 10? Tell us your ideas on OneDrive in Home windows 10 within the feedback part under.